Malting tradition since 1824
DURST MALZ was founded in 1824 as a country brewery and malthouse in Heidelsheim near Bruchsal and converted into a commercial malthouse after approx. 60 years. After the Second World War, the former owners Karl Fritz and Reiner Hiby-Durst consistently expanded the family business.
The Rheinische Malzfabriken Union in Gernsheim/Rhein was acquired in 1985 and the two companies merged in 1992. In 2000 the Westdeutsche Mälzerei GmbH in Castrop-Rauxel also became part of the company. Today DURST MALZ belongs to the internationally operating Soufflet Group.